Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunny Sunday

I am pleased to report that Gracie had fewer spasms today than she has had (less than 20). I hope, hope, hope this is a sign of good things to come. She had a very rough morning. She had a hard time waking up and once awake nothing was quite right. I spent the morning holding and bouncing her. She just sounded like she was constantly uncomfortable, but I'm not sure what hurt. If only she could tell me.

Gracie ate a good lunch and eating is one of her favorite things these days. She usually has big smiles when she is filling her tummy. After lunch, Jeff and I bundled her up and put her in the stroller for an extra long walk. It was a beautiful day (in the 40's) and fresh air felt good on all of our cheeks. We even heard laughter come from our beautiful little girl as Jeff pushed the stroller at a fast speed down the hill. She loves living on the wild side!

Gracie couldn't settle down at all to take a nap this afternoon. Oh I take that back, she did take a 2 minute nap. I'm not sure how refreshing that was though.

Auntie Kathy came to visit Gracie this evening and joined us for supper. We made one of Gracie's favorites - Bubble Pizza -- she had lots of smiles. After supper it was time for her injection and I could not get all the bubbles of air out. I tried for over a half hour. Our neighbor Bridget, a nurse, came to my rescue. If you are reading this Bridget -- thank you so much for taking time away from your family to help us out.

Thanks to all of you praying for Gracie. I know many of you are struggling through medical issues and other challenges. Please know you are in our prayers too.

Love,
Lisa and the Family

No comments: