Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Drat - More Spasms

Gracie had a lot of spasms today, I would estimate about 30. She didn't feel great today either. She wanted to be held most of the day and was very tired and restless. Due to Gracie's compromised immune system, she takes a very strong antibiotic twice a day on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. She absolutely hates taking it, even though it smells grape, and it makes her stomach upset. So I think that was a good part of why she wasn't at her best today.

She did walk a little today, but wanted to be held most of the day. We did take a stroller ride, but she wanted to lay back for it. Gracie usually hates laying back in her stroller, so I think laying must have felt good on her tummy.

The funny story of the day happened this morning. I had Gracie's pants off and had her sitting in front of me to clip her toenails. She hates having her toenails clipped and usually fidgets the whole time, pulling her foot away. Today it went extremely smoothly and I was just clipping away trying to get done quickly before her mood changed. I should have realized something was up. When I was all done, I noticed her chewing on something. Knowing there was no food around, I put my finger in her mouth only to pull out a SpongeBob bandaid. She had picked it off of her leg from her injection the night before and popped it into her mouth. No wonder she was so good, she had a mission.

Gracie had a nasty fall today. She was standing at the couch and lost her balance and fell backwards and hit her head on the floor. The sad part was I was right there, I just wasn't quick enough. I know it hurt and she kept holding her head. Poor little pumpkin. This makes me realize the decision to get her a helmet is the right decision.

Wishing all of you a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving. We are thankful for all the love, support, and prayers we have been receiving.

Thank you,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: