Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Stroller Ride

Gracie is napping, so thought I would take a few minutes to give an update. Gracie awoke at 5:00 a.m. hungry as could be. We couldn't get her bottle to her fast enough. She had a rough morning, lots of spasms, wasn't quite comfortable, and the only thing that really helped was for me to walk and bounce with her. She has liked this since she was a colicy infant. It's very calming to her and I'm building some massive arm muscles. Ha!

After lunch I called Jeff to get a reality check on whether my idea to take her outdoors for a stroller ride was really such a good idea. She loves the outdoors, but the high today is 31 degrees. BRRRR. The sun is nice and bright though and not too much wind. Jeff agreed that a little fresh air might do her good. I bundled her up in her snowsuit, hat, and she didn't even mind the mittens. I put her in her umbroller (she likes this better than her big stroller for walks) and with all that bundling she barely fit in. From the moment we hit the outdoors Gracie had a smile on her face a mile wide. She was kicking her feet in happiness and all was right with the world. We were out for about 45 minutes and she enjoyed every one of those minutes.

All the fresh air tired her out as well. Since the meds, the only way she will nap is with me holding her, well she is now on her bedroom floor snoozing. It's amazing what a change of scenery and fresh air will do.

1 comment:

The Hales said...

I am so heartbroken to hear about all you and Gracie have been through. I had no idea you were going through all of this. We will be keeping you in our prayers. Give Gracie a BIG HUG for me. Big hugs to mommy and daddy too.