Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Strep Culture - NEGATIVE (YAY!!!)

Gracie had a good day yesterday at daycare.  Her daycare teacher was out ill and they had a few other absences, so she was shuffled a bit but did fairly well with it.  When I arrived to pick her up she saw me as she was playing outside, but she couldn't get to me as they are gated in.  I have to go through the building to get to her...a nice safety measure.  This however caused much anxiety and tears.  It took me about 5 minutes to get her to calm down.  Once that was over, she was happy again.

We headed to see her pediatrician for a quick check up and throat culture.  She was so tired she fell asleep in my lap in the exam room waiting for her check-up to begin.  Gracie's pediatrician, Dr. D. is soooooooooo awesome.  She has such a calming way about her and Gracie loves her to pieces.  Whenever she enters the room, Gracie pops off my lap to give her a big hug.  Dr. D. checked her ears -- they looked great.  Her nose is congested, her eyes are red, and her throat was a bit irritated.  No big surprise on any of them, her allergies are bugging her.  Dr. D. thought the g.i. bug of this weekend was just that, a virus.  She did say that it was a smart thing to have her swabbed for strep though, since she was exposed to it from multiple sources.  I'm happy to say the test came back negative. 

Gracie had a good evening and was a happy kid pretty much all night.  She is amazing us again with all the new things she is learning.  This morning I asked her how she was and she sometimes mistakes this question for how old are you.  She has been having a really hard time remembering that she is 4 not 3.  Any way her reply this morning was "I am 4 years old." 

Gracie had a very restless night, I know that congestion played into that.  She awoke at 4:00 a.m. and told me she wanted to read a book.  I suggested she go back to sleep.  At 5:00 a.m. she did fall back to sleep for about 20 - 30 minutes, but then was up for the day. 

I'm hoping she has another good day.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: