Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Daddy's Home!!!!

Gracie was sick all weekend.  On Saturday she was very quiet and just wanted to hang out looking at books and playing with her iPad.  I knew she wasn't feeling quite right when I asked her if she wanted to go outside and she wanted no part of it.  Hmmmm.  We did make a trip to Target which she seemed to enjoy, but then was ready to go home again. 

Saturday night was rough for her, she had alot of congestion and was very restless.  You could tell she just didn't feel well.  When she awoke she was grumpy and goop started coming out of her nose and she has been drooling a ton, which is always a sign she can't breathe through her nose.  She started running a fever as well, so it was a pretty quiet day for us. 

On Monday, I stayed home from work with Gracie.  She ran warm all day, but her temperature was manageable and she had a pretty good night's sleep.  She did not want to wake up this morning.  She was excited that she got to go to daycare to see her friends.  That was until we got there.  They were short-staffed, it was chaotic, and there was noise coming from everywhere and she held onto me so tight and had such a sad face.  I finally had to pry her off of me and I left a little girl in tears.  It about ripped my heart out to leave her like that.  I checked in with daycare about 9:30 a.m. and she had a rough transition to her normal room this morning.  They did get her calmed with music and by reading a book to her.

Just heard from Jeff, after being gone for 8 days to Washington, D.C., he is back home.  He is going to go pick up Gracie and spend the afternoon with her.  I think that will be good.  Even though we Skyped daily, Gracie was really missing her daddy.  I wish I could see her face when he picks her up at daycare.

I hope you're having a great week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: