Monday, April 2, 2012

Stomach Flu

Gracie had a good day on Friday and was a happy girl when I got home from work and it was a good night.  On Saturday morning, I knew something wasn't quite right.  She was very restless and just wasn't acting like herself.  As I was holding her she threw up in my hair and down my back.  She proceeded to vomit three more times within an hour or two and then the diarrhea started.  After about two hours she fell asleep in my arms and when she awoke she was definitely feeling better.  By noon she was ready to eat some applesauce with her second dose of seizure meds for the day and some saltine crackers.  The first dose had been in her system for 30 minutes before she vomited.  I didn't redose even though I know many of them came up.  Thankfully we didn't have any seizure issues. 

By midafternoon Gracie wanted a turkey sandwich...and ate 1-1/2 sandwiches.  She ate a little bit of supper, but I certainly didn't want to force any food.  I let her dictate when she was hungry and what she wanted to eat.  It was a low key day of reading books, playing on her iPad, and listening to music.  She missed her friend Sri's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. 

On Sunday she was ready to play, but was a little more moody.  We played outside in the afternoon.  Two neighbor boys came over for a little bit to swing and slide with Gracie.  She was mondo excited to have them join her.  She was much more droolie on Sunday and she kept sticking out her tongue and touching it, but she doesn't seem to have a sore throat.  Now I'm wondering if she might have strep....it's been going around daycare.  Guess I better get her throat cultured.  She doesn't have any of the symptoms I would think of for strep, but reading up on it...there are alot more that I didn't realize and she is having some of them.  Stay tuned on that one.

Gracie helped me put her friend Sri's birthday present in a gift bag last night and she decorated the card with her beautiful art and some stickers.  She was so excited to help.  She kept telling Jeff "Sri's Birthday"!  This morning I had her carry the gift bag out to the car...it was kind of heavy, but she was so proud.  She enjoyed helping put it in Sri's locker too as Sri wasn't at daycare yet.

Hoping for a beautiful week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: