Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Good Week

For those of you interested...Gracie was indeed excited to see Jeff when he picked her up from daycare last Tuesday after his trip to D.C.  She started crying happy tears, raised her arms to be picked up, and whispered "daddy"...as it was nap time at daycare.  That night she was the happiest little girl.  She kept wanting to do family hugs.  Gracie is definitely happiest when all three of us are home. 

Gracie had a good weekend.  She spent all day on Saturday with daddy while I took a day to go shopping with Gracie's Auntie Sheila (who just happens to be my sister).  Jeff and Gracie had a good day and even went to the playground to have fun on the swings and slides.  Auntie Sheila, Uncle Chris, and Cousin Jason all joined us for pizza at our house.  Gracie thought this was great fun. 

On Sunday, we had a fairly lazy day of just hanging out and playing outside.  It was a little cooler out, but the sun was shining and that is a perfect day for Gracie. 

On Monday it was back to school for Gracie.  Her routine was thrown off by an unscheduled tornado drill.  She had a hard time recovering from that, but did participate in some of the activities willingly.  She did have some fairly aggressive behavior toward peers and adults at one point, but did recover.  We'll have to keep a close eye on that as that goes along with her Sotos Syndrome diagnosis.  She did stamp a picture for mommy at school and was so excited to give it to me when she got home.  She carried her backpack into the house last night and was all smiles as she unzipped it and handed me the special picture she made me.  Gracie was in a very good mood last night and had a good night as long as she was sleeping with her head on my stomach. 

Today I met her new teacher at daycare.  I only met her for a few minutes, but I'm very optimistic...I think I'm going to like her!

I hope your week is going well.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: