Monday, July 25, 2011

The Weekend

I've had a few comments on Friday's post with the picture of Gracie in the white sweatshirt and how clean it was.  My suggestion for all of you that want to wear white...or any color for that matter...Oxyclean and Era!  The two together work wonders and rarely do I meet dirt I can't conquer.  Let me add that I rarely pre-treat! 

Gracie had a good Friday at daycare and made Jeff and I majorly proud on Friday evening.  Jeff was home with her while I was doing a little birthday shopping.  Gracie told Jeff "potty, poo, poo".  Jeff asked her if she had to go, but she said "no".  Jeff said "Let's try anyway." and she went potty and poop on the toilet. 

Our weekend was pretty low key.   On Saturday morning we all went outside bright and early and took a walk and pulled weeds in our backyard that had become out of control.  Gracie played in the rocks and mowed the lawn with her push mower toy.  In the afternoon, after a two hour nap, Gracie and I did a little shopping while Jeff had band practice at church.  We had a fun evening together at home just singing and dancing.  Gracie was in a great mood and cognitively has been learning so much.  Jeff and I accused each other of giving more seizure meds than she should have had because we always see a huge cognitive jump with that.  Neither of us did, but she sure was on top of everything and so aware this weekend.   She had many new words too. 

I picked up a very cheap plastic dump truck at Fleet Farm for Gracie on Saturday.  She saw it while we were shopping and got very excited about it.  I've never even thought to get her a dump truck...oh my goodness she loves this truck.  On Saturday night she drove it all over the grass.  On Sunday she played with it too, she wasn't too sure that she really wanted rocks in the back when I suggested it.  This morning she saw the truck on the back deck and insisted she needed it in the house to play with.  

On Sunday we took walks, played outside, and again just had a low key day.  We had supper with Grandma & Grandpa D and Gracie was very happy to see them after her initial shyness when they arrived at our house.  Gracie had a great night and slept very well.  She was in a good mood this morning too.  I got a big hug when she woke up and came to find me.  It was a great way to start my day.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: