Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tuesday/Wednesday - Pockets!!!

Gracie had a good day at daycare.  She got to go to Olive Garden for lunch, she took a 2-1/2 hour nap (I guess getting up at 4 a.m. in the morning will do that for you), and she went poop on the toilet.  We had a bit of aggressive behavior when it was time to go home and Gracie hit both an older child and our daycare provider.  I talked to her and got her to cool down and then she apologized to both.  Transitions are so hard for her.  I need to work harder with her on using words rather than actions when she is upset.  Gracie has such a quick temper and then later is very remorseful. 

It was just Gracie and I last night and we played outside almost all evening.  Gracie took her Mickey and Minnie mouse figurines outside with her and had so much fun playing with them.  They got to swing and walk in the grass.  Gracie cracked me up when at one point she sat down in the grass, looked up at me and just nonchalantly said to me "nice out".  It was a cooler evening and I know she was enjoying it. 

Gracie had a great night and slept in until 6:00 a.m. this morning.  The highlight of her morning was when I put a new pair of shorts on her and they have pockets.  She discovered the pockets all on her own and in a very excited voice said "pockets".  Not many of her clothes have pockets.

It looks like a beautiful day out, I have a feeling she will be spending a good part of the day outdoors today.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: