Monday, May 16, 2011

The Weekend

Gracie had a good weekend.  On Saturday we just hung out at home doing some cooking and cleaning.  Gracie was a good girl and wanted to be in the middle of everything that was going on.  Wanting to stir everything that needed to be stirred.  I don't mind....until she decides that she either needs to taste what she has been stirring or her fingers need to go in it.  This is usually the case when it's something with raw egg in the batter, so she gets very upset when we won't let her taste it or make her wash her hands when they are full of it. 

We also learned that Gracie knows pretty much all the words to "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and she loves to sing it over and over and over again with mommy and daddy.  She also likes to sing "Elvira" with daddy. 

On Sunday, Grandma & Grandpa D, Aunt Kathy, and cousins Calvin, Maria, and Josh came over for lunch and to hang out for the afternoon.  Gracie liked having company and she wanted to be a big kid like her cousins...although a 16, 13, and 12 year old, don't always like hanging out with a 3 year old.  Gracie did love all of their technology...cell phones, Nintendo's, and some rap music. 

Last evening I was giving Gracie her seizure meds with applesauce as I always do.  We use the individual containers of applesauce and I had the metal lid flipped up (I usually take it off).  Gracie looks at me matter of factly and said "Z".  I asked her where there was a "Z" and she pointed to the lid of the applesauce where "4 oz." is printed on it.  She pointed right to the "Z".  I wasn't sure if it was a fluke or not, so a little later, I asked if she could show me where the "z" was.  Sure enough she pointed right to it.  This morning when we were again eating her applesauce, I pointed to the "z" and asked her to tell daddy what it was and she said "Z".  We were both shocked and thrilled.  We've been working on signing the alphabet with her and we're still in the early stages, so it was exciting to hear that she is retaining some of it.

Last night Gracie and I went out for a nice long walk/stroller ride.  She was so tired after her busy day, that I think it was just fun for her to sit back and let the fresh air pass her by.  She was in a very good mood last night, even though she was very tired.  She had a good night's sleep and was a very happy girl this morning.  She does not have school today, so I think she'll have a fun day at daycare, especially with this sunshine.

Happy Sunshiny Monday!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: