Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Gracie was an absolute gem all weekend long.  Jeff worked all weekend, so it was just the two of us to play and hang out.  She was sweet, happy, cooperative, loving, and just plain fun.  Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day and we went out after lunch for a walk.  It was much warmer out than I realized, so I took off Gracie's sweatshirt.  Pretty soon, she told me "hot" and started taking off her t-shirt.  I had to explain to her that she needed to keep her shirt on.  After a quick walk, Gracie was feeling kind of tired, so I put her in her stroller and off we went.  I looked down and found that she had fallen asleep.  So I continued our walk with Gracie snoozing, then came home and she awoke briefly while I put her in bed.  She slept for a good hour and a half, then came out and snuggled with me on the couch.  It wasn't long when I noticed she had fallen asleep again and she slept for a good 30 minutes.  Then we went outside to play.  We had a great time.  Jeff got home about 6 p.m. and after a quick supper we went to visit Grandma & Grandpa D.  Gracie fell in love with their cats and was very gentle with them.  Then we took a nature hike and were excited to see 7 deer that seemed as interested in Gracie as Gracie was in them.  We got really close and Gracie kept signing and saying "deer" the whole time.  Then we saw a mommy and daddy duck and 12 little babies swimming in a pond.  Gracie was so excited. 

On Sunday Gracie and I headed to Grandma & Grandpa B.'s house.  Gracie was very good on the ride there.  She started to get a bit anxious for the last 10 miles or so.  We started out by visiting Aunt Arlene at the clubhouse where she works...Grandma & Grandpa were there eating lunch.  We also got to visit with Uncle Wayne, Aunt Mary, Uncle Dave, Aunt Lana, Uncle Jim, and cousins Brittany, Maci, Katie, and Jayme.  Gracie was so tired as she didn't get a nap and had a short night on Saturday night, but she was having so much fun.  On the way home, she fell asleep halfway home, opened her eyes just long enough to look at daddy, and went right to bed...she slept through til morning with only waking up twice.  I had a very very very hard time waking her up this morning - even though she had slept for a good 11 hours straight. 

She was in a good mood this morning once she awoke.  We hit torrential rains as we headed for daycare.  I carried Gracie into the house at daycare, because I wanted to run fast.  Well the sky just opened up as we got out of the car.  I heard Gracie fussing and sputtering.  I didn't stop to investigate as we were soaked and I just wanted to get inside.  When I looked at her I realized the problem.  She didn't figure out that she should have put her head down.  She just got slammed with wind and water.  Her face was totally dripping.  I'm still kind of giggling at the look on her face of utter shock.  I guess she has never experienced rain and wind quite like that.  She smiled after the shock wore off. 

Today she has school and rumor has it a live frog has been caught and she'll get to see that in class on Wednesday.

Have a great week everyone.  Enjoy the warm temps.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: