Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tuesday/Wednesday - HOT, HOT, HOT!

Gracie had a good day at daycare yesterday and got to play outside.  When I arrived to pick her up she was helping daycare dad fix a faucet and she was loving every minute of it.  Once I got her in the car, I thought we would quick run to the store and pick up some summer socks for her.  I found out the hard way that she had outgrown all of hers.  I prefer a specific store for her socks and didn't realize that to get to this store I would have to sit through major traffic delays due to construction.  Gracie was a trooper, but by the time we got home she was HOT!  The thermometer registered 91 degrees.  I stripped off her clothes and put on a light sundress from last year.  It was a bit big for her last year....it's very evident she grew big time.  I don't think it will last her through the summer. 

Gracie was in a good mood all night and was happy to go splash in the tub.  We had some major trauma at the end of bathtime though.  Jeff and I split bath duty when we are both home.  I start it out, wash her up, wash and comb through her hair and then he comes in for a splash fest with her at the end.  I decided to do some paper shredding in the next room.  Gracie heard this when she got out of the tub and was yelling for me, I didn't hear her.  The longer I didn't hear her, the more upsetting it became until she was in complete hysterics that she needed mommy.  It took a while to get her calmed down.  Then she came and sat on my lap and handed me pieces of paper to shred.  When I was done I had this big basket of shredded paper.  This was a sensory delight to Gracie, so I just let her play in it.  She got pretty carried away, throwing it in the air and on the floor.  By the time we finally called it quits, she was covered in shredded paper, as was our downstairs.  So I had a little clean up to do...okay a lot of clean up to do...but it was so worth it.

The humidity was pretty heavy in the upstairs, so we turned the air on so Gracie could be comfortable while she slept.  If you'll remember from last year, her seizure meds make her prone to overheat as she is less able to sweat.  I'm glad we did turn the air on as she slept very well until 4:00 a.m.  She woke up and was quite chatty.  I finally got her back to sleep at 5:15 a.m. and let her sleep another hour.  She was in a great mood this morning.  It didn't hurt that I sang and danced with her to wake her up.  :)

I dressed her in a cute little pink skirt and white shirt this morning and her hair was in a bun.  She looked a bit like a ballerina.  The perfect outfit to get to see the frog at school.  :)

Have a great day.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: