Monday, February 27, 2012

The Antibiotics are Working

Gracie is finally starting to feel better.  The antibiotics are finally starting to kick in.  Her nose continues to run and she ran a slight fever on Saturday night again.  She had a very lazy Sunday morning.  She was happy, but didn't really want to do anything other than lay on her bed and read books or look at magazines.  She absolutely hates taking the antibiotics and I think they make her tummy not feel great too. 

By Sunday afternoon, Gracie had had enough of staying home.  She wanted to go "bye-bye".  I'm still not ready to take her anywhere that she can pick up more germs and the wind was just too cold to take her outside, so we all got in the van, cranked up the tunes, and went for a drive.  She LOVED it!!!  Because she hasn't had much of an appetite at all, I suggested we stop at McDonalds for an ice cream cone.  That was met with a HUGE smile.  She ate every morsel of that ice cream cone and asked for more.  She didn't get more, but seemed okay with that answer.  Of course, that filled her up enough that she wanted no part of supper.  I really didn't care.  It seemed to do wonders for her mood. 

Gracie was so tired last night, that I was surprised when she awoke at 3:00 a.m. and was wide awake.  She finally fell back to sleep at 4:00 a.m. and then didn't want to wake up when it was time to get ready for school.  It took her a while to get moving, but was happy when she did. 

Speaking of school, we're currently working on transitioning Gracie to a different pre-school class that has a few differences than what she is in now.  We have a meeting with her new teacher and the lead teacher for Early Childhood Special Education tomorrow.  Our plan is to have her start on Monday of next week.  More details on that soon.  Jeff and I are very excited about this change. 

And in closing, Gracie said to something to me this weekend that I have been waiting to hear for a couple of years and it just made me smile.  She took a spoon out of my hand that was stirring some of her food and she said "Gracie do it!"  She's becoming quite independent and I love it!!!!

The other event from the weekend was I cleaned out our refrigerator.  It needed it badly, but the reason it was done this weekend is that Gracie wanted to help take out a pitcher of orange Koolaid out of the fridge, but it wasn't shut tight and half of the pitcher went all over the refrigerator.  I think I got my floor's scrubbed a couple months back with a similar scenario.

Have a great week!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: