Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rought Times at School

Gracie, Jeff, and I had a great weekend together just hanging out and having fun.  Gracie loves family time when we are all three together. 

On Monday, Jeff and I took the day off of work to install a ceiling fan in Gracie's room (Jeff to do the work and me for moral support).  This gave me the luxury to take Gracie to school and pick her up.  She has been having a really rough time at school, so I wanted to see what me dropping off and picking up would add to the equation, as well as it would give me the opportunity to talk to her team at school.  Gracie was in a great mood until it was time to leave me and then she had a mini meltdown.  We were able to get her to go with the rest of her class, but she had a rough time and most of her morning was spent in tears.  When I went to pick her up, I found her sitting on one of the para's lap in tears.  She didn't want her coat on, she didn't want anything.  I got down on the floor to talk to her and after a few minutes she cheered up.  Then as we headed to the car, she saw the bus and thought she had to ride it and immediately fell to the floor in a meltdown.  I talked her up from that and we headed to the car.  That afternoon after nap time, we did some role playing with her playhouse and family figurines.  Suzy "the little girl" told Gracie how she sometimes gets sad at school and we had a great time role playing.  That night Gracie had a horribly restless night.  She awoke at least 20 times and just tossed and turned all night long.

On Tuesday morning, I asked Gracie if she could try to be "a little bit happy" at school.  She thought she could.  She was in a great mood otherwise.  Well she had a much better day at school.  Not perfect, but better than she has had in a while.  When she got to daycare, her friend Ana brought cupcakes in for her birthday and her mom found some that were made in a nut free facility.  THANK YOU!!!!!  They are nearly impossible to find and cupcakes are Gracie's most favorite food in the world (besides chicken).  She had a great day at daycare and was in a very good mood last night.

Last night we increased Gracie's evening dose of seizure meds.  She had the best night sleep she has had in weeks!!!  Usually up at 5:00 a.m., I had a hard time waking her at 6:30 a.m.  She was in a great mood upon waking and told me she wanted to go see Miss Alyssa (her teacher at daycare).  On the way to daycare I asked her if she could be a "little bit happy" at school again today and she thought she could.  I then said, "you know Gracie, you can be alot a bit happy at school too, how about trying that?"  She wouldn't commit to that.  I just heard from school and she had a great day!!!!  I am so thankful for the school team I am working with through all of Gracie's transition difficulties.  They have her best interests at heart. 

I'm hoping for a great rest of the week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: