Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Very Tired

So yesterday Gracie decided she didn't want to go to school.  She decided she wasn't going to allow her shoes to be put on and she wasn't going to go out to the bus.  The bus was waiting and just as our daycare provider was about to hit the button on her phone to call me for my thoughts, she decided she would go.  I sent a note along to school for her teacher to let her know she had a rough night and she might be tired.  I received a response back that they could tell and that she did not want to participate in many of their activities.  After she returned to daycare and had a nice nap, she was a new child and the world was a happy place again. 

Gracie was in a good mood when Jeff picked her up at daycare and had a nice evening.  She enjoyed her bath big time and really enjoyed splashing Jeff.  She was a little upset that she couldn't go outside after her bath, never mind that her hair was wet, it was cold out, and it was 8:00 p.m. and just about time for her to go to bed. 

After we read a book (her library book from school about pumpkins - we are really enjoying this one) she was more than ready to go to sleep and it didn't take her long to fall asleep, me either.  I didn't wake up until 3:30 a.m., which is virtually unheard of with my little restless sleeper girl.  I awoke to Gracie's head laying on my lower stomach, applying pressure to my full bladder!  After a quick trip to the restroom and a diaper change for Gracie who was now very awake with a very full diaper, I walked and bounced her for a bit and thankfully she fell asleep again at 4:00 a.m.  She kept having dreams that would disturb her though and she would cry out.  I would reassure her that I was right there and then she would go back to sleep.  She snuggled with daddy from 5:00 - 6:00 a.m. so I could get a shower in and get ready for work.  When I tried to wake her up at 6:15 a.m., she really didn't want to get up, but once she did, she was in a very good mood.  She was very happy at daycare and the smiles she flashed me and the eager wave goodbye told me that today will be a good day for her.  I think they were going to head to the park and enjoy the mild day.

Hope you have a great day too.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: