Monday, September 12, 2011

Catching up...

First of all and most importantly we have seen no seizure activity from the Hepatitis A vaccination.  I was a little worried one afternoon when she had a lot of jerky actions in her sleep, but I haven't seen anything since so I'm hoping that was just a coincidence. 

Gracie had a great first day of school on Thursday, she was in the best mood when I picked her up and was all smiles and positive head nods when I asked her about school and riding the bus.  She got on the bus at daycare with no problems, she didn't want to get off the bus, so our daycare provider had to go on the bus and get her.  This doesn't concern me too much, Gracie has transition issues and getting out of a vehicle can sometimes be traumatic for her.  She was also very hot as they didn't take off her sweater at school and it had gotten quite warm out.  I've since talked with the teacher and she will make sure that happens in the future.  At 4 years old, I think we assume that she could take it off herself if she was too warm, but that is not the case with Gracie.  She has just mastered removing her socks on her own.  Which she loves to do!

Gracie is missing her daddy big time, but we got to Skype with him a few times over the weekend, so that has helped greatly.  We also are marking off the days til he comes home on the calendar in her room, so I think that helps as well.  Gracie has been so good the last couple of days.  It's like she knows she has to be on her best behavior.

On Saturday we went to visit Aunt Sheila, Uncle Chris, and cousin Jason.  Gracie was in the best mood and had a great time playing "chase" with Jason.  She also liked when puppy Sandy licked her fingers.  She also wanted Sandy to "shake" and to my surprise she did!  Aunt Sheila made us a yummy supper and we went home with very full tummies.  Cousin Kayla is off to college and I could tell that Gracie missed her.  She kept pointing to her picture and wanted the piano open.  Gracie would only play a key or two.  Gracie loves when Kayla plays the piano for her and Kayla is an awesome piano player.

On Sunday, Gracie's head cold came on full force, so we just hung out at home for the majority of the day.  We did make a quick run to Target as we were running out of food.  We read a lot of books, she played with her iPod, and just did quieter things all day.  She did want to go outside, but sat on the swing for less than 5 seconds, slid down the slide once, then took my hand and lead me to the garage, indicated she wanted the door open and then took me to her stroller.  She didn't have the energy to play, but wanted to be outside.  So I put her in the stroller and we took a long walk.

This morning Gracie was quite disgusted with me because she wanted me to take her to daycare in daddy's van instead of my car.  I would have agreed, but I had the car loaded up and we were running late.  She kept saying "daddy's van".  When I told her we were going in mommy's car, she quickly changed it and said "no, mommy's van". 

Today is a school day for Gracie, so I hope she is able to enjoy her day despite her cold. 

Have a great day.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: