Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lots to Say

Have I really not posted for almost a week?  Well here's a snapshot of what's been going on with Gracie over the last week:


On Thursday night of last week Gracie started having the diarrhea.  Her appetite subsided a bit, but she was still eating and had plenty of energy.  This continued once a day through the weekend.  So although we had thoughts of going to my parents for a visit, if it was a bug, I didn't want to pass it along.  We stayed pretty close to home for the weekend. 

On Saturday, Jeff had some projects he was working on, so Gracie and I went school clothes shopping.  She has grown out of pretty much everything from last fall, so we had to replenish her closet.  She is in size 7 or 7/8 for most of her clothes right now and for most stores that is the start of big kid clothes.  The styles are much too old for the age of 4, so I've been struggling a bit in trying to find her cute age appropriate clothes.  I found that Kohls has a line of store clothing that is from 4 - 7, so we were able to get her some fun things there and what they didn't have in stock at the store, I was able to order on line.  I think we'll be good for fall and winter now...we may have to add a few sweatshirts once the real cold weather hits. 

The rest of the weekend was spent playing outside.  Gracie is absolutely loving the cooler weather.  On our walks, she has been walking about a 1/2 mile before she gets tired out and wants to ride in the stroller.  Her favorite games are "racing" and "hide-and-seek".  So we've been doing a lot of both.  She has been a major daddy's girl lately, until bedtime...then I get my girl back again!  :)

On Tuesday, Gracie had a 4-year old well child visit.  We have a new provider for Gracie, a nurse practitioner that I am thrilled with.  Gracie's two cousins have gone to her for years, so when Gracie's pediatrician transferred to a new job, we begged for her to take us on.  Gracie loves her too.  Gracie had a good appointment, we'll continue to keep an eye on her eyes.  Dr. D. noticed what I've been commenting on and feels that it is a good idea to continue to have her followed in Ophthalmology on a yearly basis.  The developmental pediatric program at our clinic closed for awhile, they are back open and operating and we'll be seeing them again next week.  I'm very glad as I want to make sure we are on the right track and getting the right amount of services for Gracie. 

Gracie had her second Hepatitis A vaccination yesterday.  To those of you who know me well, this has been a worry resting on me quite heavily.  We are pretty certain that Gracie's Infantile Spasms started as a result of her DTaP vaccination at 15 months, coupled by epilepsy that wasn't well controlled at the time.  I've been very nervous about any additional vaccinations since then and have limited the ones we've given her since then.  She was supposed to get the Hepatitis A (part two) at her 2 year well child appointment.  It was just too soon in my book after having her I.S. under control. I've procrastinated this vaccination for 2 years, but with her being in school, knew that we needed to get it taken care of.  So we did.  Gracie sat on the exam table afterward saying "OW" every few seconds.  I think she said it at least 20 times.  So now I hope and pray that we don't see any adverse affects from it.  She had a horribly restless night from 2:00 - 5:00 a.m., to the point that I didn't sleep at all during that time as she needed to be constantly reassured.  She would fall back to sleep only to become restless all over again.  I don't know if there is any relationship between this and the vaccination or if it was just a rough night.  Jeff is travelling for work, so I know Gracie is missing him big time.  Perhaps that was a factor as well.  Because of the time difference, Skype isn't a great option for us this trip, but Jeff did videotape himself reading some of Gracie's favorite books and that has been a God-send.  She loves watching him on the computer and even reads along with him. 

Tomorrow is Gracie's first day of school.  I think she is excited.  Every time she sees a bus, she points it out to me. 

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: