Friday, September 23, 2011

"I Love You"

Gracie had a good day at school yesterday and a good day at daycare.  She came home in a great and silly mood.  We had a very fun evening just playing and when it was time to go to bed, I way laying next to her when she said "Chicago".  I asked her if that was where daddy went.  She agreed, then verbally said "airplane".  Yes I agreed, he went there on an airplane.   Then she verbally and using sign language said "work".  Yes, I agreed, he went there to work.  I then said that he's home now and she smiled and said "daddy home" in the sweetest voice.  We then snuggled in and this little voice said "I LOVE YOU!"  I melted.  She doesn't verbally say "I love you" very often, she usually signs it, and it is always in response to it being said to her.  But this time it was all on her own, unsolicited and it made my heart melt. 

Gracie had a pretty good night, but was quite agitated after being awake for a little while.  I'm not sure what was wrong, but she just fussed and fussed that she wanted to be held and close.  So I picked her up and just held her close and walked and sang with her for about 5 minutes and then all was fine. 

Then we headed to daycare, today her friend Aubrey was there to play with her and it was Aubrey's mommy (her normal daycare mom's sister) that was taking care of her.  She loves to play with Aubrey and Aubrey's mommy is great too, but Gracie was very unsure that she wanted to stay.  I think it has to do with that love of routine.  I'm sure she will be fine and have a good time. 

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: