Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Great Mood!!!

Gracie has been in a great mood all week and she has been so well behaved at daycare. Everyone at daycare has been commenting on it. She's been helpful, cooperative, and a good friend.

Yesterday it was water day at daycare and Gracie got to bring her swimsuit along and run through the sprinklers. She loves this. I'm told she had a ton of energy. When I picked her up last night, she was in the middle of storytime, so I let her sit on my lap while the teacher finished the book. I noticed she had quite a cough, but she still seemed happy enough. Her cheeks were a bit flushed too. We got her a drink on the way out. The hacking cough continued and became quite severe all the way home. She was breathing, she was able to swallow, but she was definitely having an allergic reaction to something. I think I watched her more closely on the way home than I did the road. When we got home I gave her some antihistamines, some food (as she was starving), and a bath to make sure any allergen that might be on her skin was removed. It took about an hour and a half...and lots of prayers and the coughing finally subsided. I slept with one eye open all night, but she fine and was in a fantastic mood this morning.

I talked with everyone at daycare this morning and we have no idea what may have caused her allergic reaction. I have asked them to only use our sunscreen, as I have been noticing that her skin reacts to theirs a bit...even though there are no nut products in it. They were happy to comply with my request.

I'm hoping there will be no more weird reactions today. I also hope Gracie stays cool today...it's supposed to get to 95 degrees today. A real scorcher!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Great Mood Gracie

No comments: