Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday - Eating with a Fork

Gracie had another good day!  She was in a good mood last night and was very very verbal.  The accomplishment of the evening was eating almost her whole supper using a fork.  That has always been hard for her.  I many times will load the fork for her or she'll start out eating with a fork, but it's too much work and short-lived.  Last night she ate almost her whole supper using the fork all by herself.  She did a great job and we were so proud...we let her know it too and she was smiles from ear to ear.

Gracie's speech pathologist at school sends us a word list every two weeks on the words they are working on and then we work on them at home too.  Yesterday she sent out the list and they are talking about different colors and rainbows, etc.  So I sent her a note back that said we have been working on identifying colors with Gracie, but she just doesn't seem to be getting them.  Her SP emails me back that in their group time Gracie pulled out two items out of the SP's secret bag and identified them correctly as "red plate" and "yellow banana".  I was thrilled to hear our hard work is paying off.

Almost every morning I ask Gracie if she will be my "sweet pea" today and she always tells me "no" and then she says a name of who's sweet pea she will be.  Ever since Thanksgiving she has been telling me she is Russ' sweet pea.  Russ is her uncle...do you think he might have given her a little ching ching for her piggy bank to say that?   I wouldn't put it past him!!!  ;)

Hope you're having a great week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: