Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Weekend and More

I love the baby stage and have always thought that was my most favorite stage, but then as Gracie would get older and hit a new stage I would decide that I liked that age and stage in life the best.  There were a few stages in there that were a little more trying than others, but I have loved them all...and I'm really loving the stage she is at right now.  Being 4 is really agreeing with her.  Just this morning as I was getting ready for work, Gracie was laying outside of the bathroom door and said to me "Mama, how are you doing?"  Now this is a question I ask her frequently, it was just a great surprise when out of the blue, she asked me. 

Gracie is growing again - this became evident when I had to try on 4 pairs of shorts on her yesterday morning before I found one that fit.  She is quickly growing out of 6X and into 7's and 7/8's.  Although her appetite has slowed down a bit.  She's eating just fine, just not out of control like when she is gearing up for a growth spurt. 

Gracie had a great weekend.  She spent Saturday morning with daddy, they did a few errands and then went to visit Grandma & Grandpa D. for a little bit.  She took all of a 15 minute nap and was ready and raring to go.  So we filled up the kiddie pool in the backyard and let her splash and have fun.  Later in the evening after supper we went to the playground.  She had a great time there and didn't want to leave...and her lack of nap was showing, so she put up quite a screaming tantrum when it was time to go.

On Sunday, Gracie went to Sunday school at Jeff's church.  This is her second time there and now she knows the drill that mom and dad leave and so she did not want to stay.  Once we convinced her it was a good thing, she reluctantly stayed, but then had a good time.  Her favorite part was singing, dancing, and doing song actions.  Are any of you surprised at this????  I didn't think so.

Gracie had a good nap and woke up just in time for us to head to her friend Kai's 3rd birthday party.  It was a lot of fun, although Gracie didn't want to interact with the other kids.  I was very impressed with the inclusiveness of the children at the party.  One girl offered to share her chair with Gracie and also asked her if she would like to play puppy with the rest of the group.  Although Gracie was happy to say "hi" to the other kids, she didn't want to play with them.  She did have a great time socializing with the adults and was totally enamored with the 2-month old baby that was there.  There was a bounce house there as well, but Gracie wanted no part of it.  I know she had a good time, but it had to be on her terms of comfort.

Gracie has had a good day at daycare yesterday and is enjoying the cooler weather.  She slept great last night, although she awoke at 4:30 a.m. and was done sleeping.  She was a bit more moody this morning, but I could tell it was because she was tired.  I'm thinking she'll take a good long nap at daycare today.  I'm hoping the cooler weather will help the swelling in her feet and toes.  I'm pretty sure it's the heat that was causing her little toes to look like sausages, but am keeping an eye on it.  They looked alot better this morning, so I do think the heat is a contributing factor for sure.

Here's to a cooler week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: