Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday - Back to the Routine

Gracie's busy weekend caught up with her.  She took a 3 hour nap at daycare yesterday and when I picked her up she was still looking a little groggy.  It was raining when I picked her up, so I told her we would go home and she could play in the rain with her new umbrella that she got for her birthday.  When we got home, I got her umbrella for her and she said "no, house".  So we went in the house and she played with her umbrella there.  I think she didn't want to get it wet!

The rain cooled things off a bit last night so we took a walk around the block and you could tell that Gracie was enjoying it being a little cooler.  She was always at least 10 steps ahead of us.  When we got home, we put her in the stroller and Jeff and I took a longer walk.  She enjoyed telling us all about our surroundings and her favorite question was asked frequently "What's that?"

Gracie did not want much for supper -- perhaps because it was leftover night.  But the leftovers were good -- pizza, macaroni and cheese, fruit.  When I tried to get her to eat some of her mac & cheese she wrinkled up her nose and told me it was "icky". 

Gracie went to bed quite a bit later than usual.  She just wasn't tired after that nap and then she awoke at 4:30 a.m. for the day today.  Yawn! 

This morning, Gracie wanted to go into our bedroom where Jeff was ironing his clothes.  He keeps the door shut so we don't have any iron accidents.  Gracie can't yet master the turning of a door knob, so she can't get the door open.  So she knocked and yelled "open".  Jeff didn't respond immediately.  I smiled when I heard her yell "I said open!"  I just love hearing those 3 word sentences, no matter how demanding they might be.

Gracie went to daycare this morning and she will hang out with daddy this afternoon.  She's been a pretty big daddy's girl lately. 

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: