- Gracie had yet another ambulance ride to the E.R. I went to an apple tasting party with her at daycare. She was very snuggly with another mother there who had beautiful long black hair. Gracie kept touching it. I didn't think to wash her hands (why I didn't think to, I don't know - because I know so many shampoos have nut oils in them). On the way home I could tell something was not right. By the time we got in the house, she was having problems breathing and had the hacky cough that comes with an allergic reaction. So I injected her with epinephrine and called 911. So Gracie and mommy headed in the ambulance to the hospital. Daddy followed a few minutes later.
- While at the hospital for her allergic reaction, she spiked a fever. A fever that lasted 10 days. We are not sure what caused it, we believe it was viral, but she had us worried, because her only other symptoms were loose stools, no appetite, and no energy.
- Gracie has started with the Special Olympics Young Athlete's Program. I think Jeff described it as organized chaos. We all love it. There is unconditional acceptance of all levels of abilities and everyone is so positive and enthusiastic.
- Gracie is really enjoying the Halloween decorations in our neighborhood. The house directly across the street has gone all out with decorations and Gracie gets excited with each new thing that is put out. They do have a lit up spiderweb on their house that Gracie insists is a stingray. It is sort of shaped like one, so I can see where she is coming from. They also have tombstones all over their yard and Gracie informed me they were "rip". I have no clue how she knows "rip".
- Gracie helped Jeff and I celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary this week. In the morning she insisted on a group hug. Gracie and daddy made some flowers and a vase out of foam for mommy. They are so cute. (We are finding that Gracie is allergic to alot of flowers, so don't feel comfortable having fresh flowers in our house.) We also had take out from Olive Garden...you should have seen her eat!!!! I don't know where she put it all. Then we had a dance party in our living room. It was a great way to celebrate.
Have a great weekend!
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie